Having read the material for weeks five and six as indicated in the Course Syllabus, along with the respective Weekly Course Lessons and the Weekly Course Announcement, write a clear and descriptive narrative that:
- Discusses the dynamic and complex nature of Tectonic Hazards in terms of their relationship to the concept of risk. In specific:
- Why is it difficult to assess risk in terms of tectonic hazards?
- What is the concept of resilience?
- What are the social and economic impacts of tectonic hazards?
- Shifting to the consideration of mass movement hazards which often accompany tectonic hazards, discuss:
- Slope stability;
- The role of gravity and the role of water in mass movement events;
- Whether or not one (gravity or water) can mitigate the effects or either (Gravity or water); How so?
- Finally, explore triggering events related to potential mass movement events.
- Can mass movement hazard predictions be made on the basis of understanding of slope stability and triggering events?
Research and investigation beyond those materials indicated in the course-ware will be required.
- Your assignment must be properly formatted and cited using APA (per the most recent edition of the APA manual).
- Your assignment must be a minimum of 750 words, not counting cover page and reference page material. Your writing can be longer, but it cannot be under the minimum indicated word-count for credit.
- Do not simply list questions and respond – your work is intended to be a complete, integrative narrative that embodies an introduction a body within which you respond to the targeted questions and a summary and conclusion.