Now that you have written the outline for your essay, it is time to write the rough draft.
- Access and review the “Writing a Five Paragraph Essay” resource to help guide you through the structure of a 5 paragraph essay.
- Review the media piece The Writing Process to help you prepare your rough draft.
- Review your outline feedback from your instructor to help you prepare your rough draft.
- Write the first draft of your five-paragraph expository essay, which should be 500-750 words.
- Review the Rough Draft Rubric to help you make sure all elements are present in your essay. This assignment uses a grading rubric that can be viewed at the assignment’s drop box. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment, so students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Use the Topic 4 Essay Rough Draft Checklist to help you review and make sure your essay includes the following:
· An introductory paragraph with a thesis statement.
· Three body or supporting paragraphs.
· A concluding paragraph.
· In-text citations and a reference page. (Remember to reference and cite both of your GCU Library articles found in Module 3.)
5. Submit the completed Rough Draft to TurnItIn (TII) BEFORE submitting to your instructor.
6. Once you know your rough draft is ready to submit to your instructor, submit by the end of Topic 4.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.