Research Political Parties and Political Ideology
Read the article by Timothy Ferris, “Conservative is not Opposite Liberal, That’s Totalitarianism”
Using the book and the internet, identify and construct political spectra
1) Research the following terms: Libertarians, Democrats, Republicans, Green Party, Tea Party/Reform Party, Progressives/Liberals, Conservatives, Fascists, Communists, and Socialists.
2) Draw a one-dimensional political spectrum and include the above terms, placing the terms where you think is most appropriate
- explain what the extremes or “ends” of the diagrams represent
- you can hand-draw and scan the diagrams
- you can use software to construct the diagrams
3)Next, Draw a two-dimensional political spectrum (like Ferris) and label the same parties as above on this spectrum
- you can use Ferris’ diagram, someone else’s, or your own 2-D spectrum or shape
- if you use someone else’s idea from the internet, give them credit for their diagram
- briefly explain what the diagram represents, analyzes, how it works, etc
- Feel free to be unique with your 2-D diagram and presentation of the material
- use clear structure, introduce content where necessary
** Assignment is graded on the neatness and clarity of diagrams, presentation, structure of content, and completeness of summaries/research.
******Upload using PDF