Assignment #5 – Philosophy Figure essay
Select any philosopher named in the text between pp. 1 – 272. You may choose a philosopher prominently featured in the text (though not the same one you wrote about in Assignment #2) or you may choose someone who is mentioned only very briefly (such as Bertrand Russell on p. 254).
The philosopher you choose cannot be Socrates, Plato or Aristotle.
Your essay should focus on carefully explaining key ideas and contributions of the philosopher. Discuss what other philosophers or events influenced this philosopher and what influence this philosopher has had on others. Finally, offer your own evaluation of the ideas presented by this philosopher.
Assignments have the following objectives:
- Identify and describe key concepts relevant to a theme presented in the assignment prompt.
- Explore ideas in philosophical depth beyond the presentation of course material.
- Examine course material in order to develop an informed investigation of your perspectives on a theme presented in the assignment.
- Research scholarly sources to help explore and expand students’ perspectives and develop critical thinking skills.
- Develop a cogent argument to support your position.
- All sources must be responsibly cited and referenced. (APA)
- Assignments should be around 1300 – 1700 words.