Review at least three websites of professional organizations for mental health and related fields provided in this week’s list of Recommended Websites. Compare and contrast the key features of three mental health-related disciplines.
Address the following questions in your initial post:
- What are common themes found among each of the professional organizations represented in the websites?
- What are the distinctive themes for each organization?
- How might a professional from each of the disciplines represented in the websites you selected answer the following question “How would a professional in your organization contribute to the treatment of depression?”
- American Art Therapy Association. (http://www.arttherapy.org) This is the website for the American Art Therapy Association (AATA). AATA is an organization of professionals dedicated to the belief that making art is healing and life enhancing. Its mission is to serve its members and the general public by providing standards of professional competence, and developing and promoting knowledge in, and of, the field of art therapy.
American Counseling Association. (http://www.counseling.org)
- This is the website for the American Counseling Association (ACA). ACA is a professional and educational organization dedicated to the growth and enhancement of the counseling profession. The mission of the ACA is to enhance the quality of life in society by promoting the development of professional counselors, advancing the counseling profession, and using the profession and practice of counseling to promote respect for human dignity and diversity.
- National Association of Social Workers. (http://www.naswdc.org)
- This is the website for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). NASW is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies.