Chapter 2: Signals, Noise, Modulation, and Demodulation
10. Determine the information capacity in bps for a circuit with a 100-KHz bandwidth and a signal-to-noise power ratio of 40 dB (10,000)
11. Determine of number of conditions possible for a binary code containing the following number of bits:
12. Determine the highest bit rate possible for a circuit propagating a four- bit binary code with a bandwidth of 10,000 Hz.
16. Determine the minimum bandwidth, baud, and bandwidth efficiency for the following bit rates and modulation schemes—8-QAM and 16-QAM:
17. A probability of error of 10-6 means it is possible that there will bit error for every bits transmitted.
Chapter 6: Multiplexing and Carriers
3. For the following bit sequence, draw the timing diagram for UPRZ, UPNRZ, BPRZ, BPNRZ and BPRZ-AMI: 1110010101100.
5. A PCM-TDM system multiplexes 30 voice-band channels each with a bandwidth 0f 0 KHz to 3 KHz. Each sample is encoded with a nine-bit PCM code. Determine
a. Minimum sample rate;
b. Line speed in bps; frame:
ECET 375 Devry
ECET 375 Homework 1
ECET 375 Homework 2
ECET 375 Homework 3
ECET 375 Homework 4
ECET 375 Homework 5
ECET 375 Homework 6
ECET 375 Homework 7
ECET 375 Homework 7_b