Week 8 Discussion: Juvenile Deliquency
“Gangs in Society”
Using what you’ve learned this week, respond to the following prompts in your post:
- Identify at least three (3) specific attributes that lead to gang violence within a community. Next, discuss how these attributes might have an impact on the gangs of a community. Provide support for your response.
- Speculate on why society has become harsher on juveniles that commit crimes than it has anytime in the history of the American juvenile justice system. Provide support for your response.
Week 8 Discussion:
“Evolution of Disease, Humans, and Animals”
Note: Online students, please respond to one (1) of the following three (3) bulleted items.
- In your own words explain the concept of rRNA then suggest three (3) reasons why scientists choose to use rRNA as an Evolutionary Chronometer.
- Provide a 100-250 word debate as to whether or not you believe that epigenetic marks can be inherited. Next briefly summarize the nature of the information that epigenetic marks store.
- Read the New York Times article entitled, “Reverse Engineering Birds’ Beaks into Dinosaur Bones” found then provide a brief summary of the article. Next discuss whether or not you believe that the evolution of birds can be reversed. Why or why not?
These are 2 separate discussion questions. Please only submit unplag work with detailed response to the question and references.