Part 1: Review Fiedler’s and Hersey & Blanchard’s contingency model in Chapter 7. Choose either Fiedler or Hersey-Blanchard and read more about that model online (see additional links below). In your own words, describe that model and explain the pros and cons of that model. Use proper APA documentation when referencing sources.
Part 2: Develop your own list of the most important contingencies that you think should be considered in deciding what type of leadership would be most effective in various situations. Using your list, decide what type of leadership you would recommend for each situation below? Explain your reasoning.
- a group of college students studying together for a final exam
- a heart transplant team
- a task force of neighbors trying to rid the neighborhood of “crack” dealers
- a group of student senators planning the senate agenda for the following month
- a construction crew replacing the roof on your house
- a group of grown children planning their parents’ fiftieth wedding anniversary
Requirements: Format your paper using proper APA manuscript formatting. Refer to the Student Resources Module for proper APA manuscript formatting. See the course calendar on the D2L homepage for due dates and times. See attached rubric for scoring criteria.
NOTE: The topic “leadership styles” is one of the topics you can choose for your formal writing assignment due to Week 5.
Learning Objective: #1 Identify terms, concepts, and theories associated with business communication, #2 Discuss the effectiveness of business communication practices.