Congress has asked you to evaluate the individual tax brackets in the federal tax code and make several recommendations to improve the fairness of the tax brackets. Using the Internet and Strayer Library, research the current federal tax brackets for individual tax payers.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Give your opinion as to whether or not you believe the current progressive federal income tax structure is fair for most Americans. Provide support for your response.
- Create an argument for what you believe should be the maximum federal income tax rate an individual should have to pay. Provide support for your argument.
- Analyze the potential benefits that a flat tax structure might have on both taxpayers and the United States Treasury. Defend or critique a flat tax structure.
- Propose at least two (2) changes to the current federal income tax structure that would benefit most taxpayers. Support your proposal with examples of such a benefit.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.